Okay, so I’ve mentioned the sweet potato a number of times. I love this vibrantly colored veggie and always opt for a sweet potato over a tradition white potato. Check out this very yummy and colorful sweet potato salad recipe which will enhance any meal, especially around the holidays!
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, cooked and cut into chunk
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in small pieces
- 1 apple, cut in small pieces
- 6 or so dried apricots, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. lemon Juice
- 2 tbs. chives, chopped
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into small bite sized pieces.
- Steam them for about 5 minutes or until just soft.
- Remove from the heat, place in a large bowl and allow to cool.
- In a pan, heat the coconut oil and saute the bell pepper until soft, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Cut the apple into a splash of lemon juice and then add to the sweet potato.
- Cut the apricots and add to sweet potato mixture.
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.
- Mix well, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve!