If you’re looking for a super tasty, warming soup, check out this recipe. I love curry so much that I tend to use it in a lot of recipes, plus the lemongrass and ginger are super flavorful, as well. Hope you enjoy this soup as much as I do!
Prep/cook time: 15 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, mashed
- 1 tablespoon yellow or red curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
In a large Dutch oven or crockpot, sauté the onion, garlic, fresh ginger, and mashed lemongrass over medium heat until soft for about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder, cayenne pepper, and carrots. Add the vegetable broth and water, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes longer. Remove the lemongrass from the soup and discard.
In a blender or food processor, blend batches of the soup until smooth. When all of the soup has been pureed, return to the stockpot and adjust seasonings as desired. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Tips: Smash the end of the lemongrass with a heavy wooden spoon. Discard the top.