So, you still have that sweet tooth? Thought I’d pass along a gluten-free, dairy-free recipe which is super delicious, chock full of fiber-rich dates, walnuts with omega-3s, and delightfully powerful cinnamon. These yummy sweet-treats offer a clean, satisfying taste, sans a post-dessert hangover. Check it out!
- 1 cup walnut halves and pieces
- 5 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 ̊. Place walnuts and dates in a small food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Pulse in oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Continue to pulse until mixture begins to form a ball.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough, 1 tablespoon at a time, onto prepared baking sheet, forming into balls with your hands; flatten slightly. Bake for 6–8 minutes, until firm. Cool on baking sheet.