- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup grated peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/4 pound ground chicken or turkey
- In a non-stick skillet, saute onion in 3/4 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. Add apple; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Stir in seasonings. Crumble chicken over apple mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four 1/2-in. thick patties.
- In a skillet, cook patties in remaining oil over medium heat or until juices run clear.
This recipe should yield about 4 patties, so when serving a larger group, you may want to double or triple the ingredients. Also, you can make a large batch and freeze uneaten portions to reheat for future use – make sure to seal in freezer safe container for 1-2 months. Enjoy!