Check out this super yummy and simple asparagus salad recipe I found on www.wholelivingdaily.com. This is the perfect springtime salad that not only offers to satisfy the palate, but benefit the body as well with a boost of antioxidant power and digestive support.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, rinsed, stems removed
- 2 cups arugula
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- Pecorino Romano, for serving (optional)
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 shallot, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Using a vegetable peeler, start from the top of the spear, and gently shave downward, to create a thin ribbon. Continue until you only have a small piece of the spear left, then run a small paring knife down the middle to separate. Slice all of the tips in half, lengthwise. (Don’t worry about being perfect; it’s meant to be rustic!) Transfer the asparagus ribbons in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar covered with a tight-fitting lid and shake to combine. Taste to adjust seasoning. Toss asparagus with the dressing until fully coated. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Toss the marinated asparagus with the arugula (it will still take on some of the dressing).