Hey folks…if you’re looking for another take on the traditional spinach salad, throw some fresh strawberries into the mix, perfect for a beautiful springtime dish! (Just be aware of the Dirty Dozen list and purchase organic strawberries.) Also, you can always substitute with blackberries, raspberries, etc.
- Baby Spinach
- Red onion, chopped (as much as you like)
- Organic Strawberries, sliced
- Sliced Almonds
- Poppy Seed Dressing (recipe below)
Combine spinach and dressing and top with strawberries, nuts and red onion.
Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/2 grapeseed oil
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 C raw honey
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp Non-GMO Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Dash of fresh squeezed lemon juice
Mix together ingredients well and pour over spinach! Serve cold and enjoy!