THIS SALSA ADDS ZEST TO A VARIETY OF DISHES and is a great accompaniment to asparagus, spinach greens, chicken and grilled fish. If you don’t care for mango, try preparing this salsa with peaches, nectarines or papaya.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced finely
- 1/4 cup jicama, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1–2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
In large bowl, combine mango, avocado, jícama, red pepper, jalapeño, onion and cilantro. Fold in lime juice. Add olive oil (1 tablespoon at a time) until desired consistency is reached. Season with sea salt to taste, place pit on top of mixture to keep avocado from turning brown, cover and set aside (or chill) to allow flavors to blend.
MAKES 3 cups…enjoy!