Happy Friday! Looking for a quick-fix, super yummy, healthy meal for you and the family tonight? Check out this Green Curry Lime Shrimp with Asparagus recipe! Shrimp cooks up super quickly (in about 4-5 min.) and if you use pre-cooked brown rice, you’ll be ready to chow down in a matter of minutes!
- 1 pound(s) shelled and de-veined shrimp
- 4 teaspoon(s) green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 pound(s) asparagus, cut in 2-inch pieces and/or tips only
- 2 limes
- 1 can(s) (13 1/2- to 14-ounce) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) less-sodium fish sauce (GMO-FREE)
- 2 package(s) (8.8-ounce) whole-grain brown rice
- Start rice cooker for brown rice, approximately 45 minutes.
- In medium bowl, toss shrimp with curry paste to coat. In 12-inch skillet, heat coconut oil on medium-high. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or just until pink, stirring. Transfer to large bowl.
- To same skillet, add asparagus tips and 3 tablespoons water; cook 4 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp and water evaporates, stirring often. From 1 lime, grate 1 teaspoon peel; cut remaining lime into 4 wedges.
- Add asparagus to shrimp in bowl. To skillet, add coconut milk and lime peel; heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Return shrimp mixture to skillet. Stir in fish sauce; heat through.
- Garnish with extra limes…enjoy!
- Recipe – Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp (myjourneythroughthickandthin.wordpress.com)
- Best Key Lime Shrimp Salad With Grilled Bananas Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- Vegetable Thai curry with fresh crab (snixykitchen.wordpress.com)